Saturday, June 23, 2012

World of Beer

Many of my friends will wonder why I didn't review WOB sooner. The answer, frankly, is that I didn't feel the need to: I already tell everyone I know to go or join me there - people often text as they are heading over to see if I'm already there! However, I recently became a member of the WOB "50 Club", so I felt it was probably time.

The Beer:
With several 400ish draughts and bottles on the menu, it's hard to think you could learn about beer or get proper recommendations from your server. In fact, even the youngest of their staff have been educated about their product and have rarely steered me wrong (and in fact have pleaded with me NOT to try something they knew I wouldn't like; I didn't listen, but they were totally right.)

The Food:
What makes my friends and I drool over owning a World of Beer franchise someday is the fact that they DON'T serve food. They host a book filled with menus from the local resturants, many of whom will even deliver food right to your table inside World of Beer! This means you aren't limited to one style of food, you can eat something different every visit, and the WOB staff can focus on what they're good at: BEER!

The Staff:
Fun, friendly, knowledgeable. At my local one, I am recognized regularly and greeted warmly.

The Info:
I have been to World of Beer in Orlando, Viera, Port Orange, and Coconut Creek. They are generally located in upscale, outdoor shopping centers with several restaurants within a moment's walking distance (the exception so far being the oddly freestanding Port Orange location). Live music is the rule not the exception, and the atmosphere is upbeat and friendly. Tables can be hard to find, so getting there early and making an evening of is is the best plan.


Contact:
(954) 984-0300 (or see contact info for all their locations)
http://www.wobusa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment